The ORIAZ Solar-Dripper is the ultimate Water Saving irrigation system for your holidays, your Organic gardening and the protection of your plants.
Installed in 5 seconds without any required filtration, tubing or electricity,
It has been tested in France, Canada, USA, Africa, Madagascar and is now distributed in Uzbekistan.
The Solar-Dripper will take care of your plants like no other system and permit 10 to 1000 times slower irrigation and 10 to 100 times better tollerance to clogging. In fact, water filtration is no longer needed with the patented ORIAZ regulator resulting in substantial savings on installation.
You will enhance the health and growth of your plant by using the ORIAZ Solar-Dripper all year long.
The ORIAZ Solar-Dripper guarantees optimum flowering and maximum water savings thanks to four outstanding innovations.
- First, water is applied to the heart of the roots rather than on the surface.
- The evaporation is less than 1 %.
- Also, the irrigation rate is naturally synchronized with the plant needs.
- Improved water saving and plant health.
- Furthermore, the micro-flow is up to 1 000 times slower than conventional irrigation drippers.
- It reduces percolation
- It permits to water orchid for a month at a average micro-flow of 0.3 ml / h
- The distribution area in the soil is spherical rather than conical.
- Finally, the Solar-Dripper is 10 times more resistant to clogging ( UTC > 2 mm )
- allowing the direct use of rainwater, graywater or unfiltered water
- optimized application of all types of commercial fertilizers, mycorrhizal inoculants or free symbiotic fertilizer
The Solar-Dripper drip irrigation kits in the READY versions already have some HD calibrated bottles. The HD calibrated bottles are more resistant than recycled bottles. A blue dot on the calibrated bottles indicates the usual fill level at 75%. The Solar-Gardener kit with the convenient 6 bottles basket eases your irrigation. For your Orchids, the Orchi-Buddy © model provides more than 30 days of automatic watering. You can also buy the Solar-Dripper adaptors separately and find some compatible bottles from 250 ml up to 2 liters in your recycling bin.
How does the ORIAZ Solar-Dripper © operate ?
The Solar-Dripper ® uses the temperature variation to generate drips according to the weather conditions. It does not need electricity because thermal change naturally triggers the flow. The watering rate of the solar-driper varies depending on the size of the bottle used and its filling rate. The usual filling is 75%. You can slow the flow by filling the bottle to 90 % or accelerate it by filling it to 50 %. The volume of captive air in the bottle reacts to the heat of the sun by expanding and contracting when the temperature drops. Those dilation – contraction cycles trigger drops and aspiration of air bubbles.
You need a rigid glass or plastic bottle with a 28 mm neck. Glass bottles slow down the flow by 20 to 40%. The bigger the bottle, the more the flow will be abundant. For Orchid watering we use 330 ml bottles. For tomato plants we use bottles from 1 to 2 liters. The Solar-Dripper becomes more and more responsive with the gradual increase of trapped air in the bottle. The flow is fastest at the end of the cycle. The average flow rates measured in practice range from as little as 0.3 ml / hour to water an orchid up to 500 ml / hour to water tomato plants.
How to choose between SD and XL version?
- The long-lasting SD version in black offers an ideal slow watering rate for indoor plants and for the majority of balcony flowers. It can also be used in the garden for example for tomato plants under one meter.
- The quick XL version in red offers 3 times more watering than the SD. Use the XL model for large tomatoes plants, zucchini, giant sunflowers or shrubs.
- Use a rigid bottle with a 28 mm neck.
Fill 75% for normal use.
Fill 90% for a slower flow.
Fill 50% for a faster flow.
Watering is optimized and directed to 15 cm at the heart of the roots.
You can dilute fertilizers or add biofertilizers